Preheated oven 160⁰C / 325⁰F / Gas Mark 3
- On the day before you bake, put the California Raisins in a bowl with 2tbsp of cola (grown-ups can use dark rum instead if they prefer!). Cover the bowl with a lid or a plate and leave overnight (8+ hours ideally) for the magic to happen. The raisins will become plump and sticky!
- Sieve ﬂour and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and salt and stir to combine into one dry mixture.
- Add water, oil and vanilla, and mix into a thick and glossy chocolatey batter.
- Tumble in the soaked California Raisins and stir to distribute them evenly.
- Spread the brownie batter into your prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow the brownies to cool completely in their tin before removing, cutting into generous slices, and enjoying with your afternoon tea!